728 West 41st Avenue - DP-2019-00534
Henriquez Partners Architects has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop on this site, consisting of:
- a new 5-storey Civic Centre (Building 1) comprising a Fitness Centre, Library, Child Daycare Facility, 55+ Senior's Centre, Youth Services Hub, Performance Space, Artist-in-Residence Studios, and associated ancillary Cultural/Recreational spaces, along with a new 22-storey tower (Building 2) containing a total of 187 Non-Market Social Housing Units; all over three levels of underground parking;
- A portion of the future 9-acre Park;
- A total Floor Space Ratio of 0.11 (approximately 11,134 m²); and
- A maximum geodetic building height of 116.0 m for Building 1 and 149.0 m for Building 2.
Under the site’s existing CD-1 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Development Permit Board.
A Community open house is scheduled from 4:00-7:00 p.m., Wednesday, September 25, 2019, Peretz Centre for Secular Jewish Culture – Ben Chud Auditorium - 6184 Ash Street, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer any questions.
This application has been scheduled for the Development Permit Board on Monday, November 25, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Meeting Room (1st Floor, City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue).
To assist you, a brief explanation of the Development Permit Board process is posted on our website at: http://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/development-permit-board.aspx. You or your representative may attend the meeting and, upon request, will be accorded the opportunity to address the Board.
We welcome your written comments (letter or e-mail) on this development application. Comments should be received on, or before November 1, 2019, to be considered in the staff review. However, written comments will be considered up until the date of decision.
- Notification Postcard (30kb)
- Design Rationale (26kb)
- Streetscapes (1,343kb)
- Renderings (15,023kb)
- Shadow Analysis (5,103kb)
- Project Data (2,091kb)
- Site Plan (4,906kb)
- Buildings 1 & 2 Elevation - South (932kb)
- Buildings 1 & 2 Elevation - North (888kb)
- Buildings 1 & 2 Elevation - East (806kb)
- Buildings 1 & 2 Elevation - West (944kb)
- Landscape Plan - North Plaza (803kb)
- Landscape Plan – Civic Centre Park – Street Level (944kb)
- Landscape Plan – Civic Centre Park – Upper Park Level (866kb)
- Landscape Plan – Civic Centre Park – Play Areas (Upper Level) (785kb)
- Landscape Plan – Civic Centre Park – Play Areas (Street Level) (928kb)
- Landscape Plan – Streetscape – 41st Avenue (895kb)
- Landscape Plan – Streetscape – New Street (1,560kb)
Contact: Darren Lee, Project Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org 604.871.6703
To assist you, a Glossary of key technical terms and a brief explanation of the application process is posted on our website at: vancouver.ca/devapps
In reviewing this application, and before making a decision, the Development Permit Board will also need to consider City by-law regulations, and Council-adopted policies and guidelines. Once a full application review is completed, a decision will be made.
Copies of City by-law regulations, policies and guidelines are available at the City's website at https://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/land-use-and-development-policies-and-guidelines.aspx or at the Development and Building Services Centre (1st Floor, 515 West 10th Avenue).
Please note that all comments and responses to this notification are subject to, and may be released, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Act does, however, protect your privacy by prohibiting disclosure of personal information (such as names, addresses and other identifying information) where such a disclosure would be an unreasonable invasion of personal privacy.