5931 Cambie Street (formerly 650 West 41st Avenue) - DP-2018-01149
*Please note the revision in red below*
Henriquez Partners Architects has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to develop on this site, consisting of:
- Two mixed-use buildings; one comprised of one 32-storey tower (Building 6) and one 17-storey tower (Building 7) containing a total of 413 Dwelling Units; atop one podium containing Retail/Office Uses, and the other comprised of one 34-storey tower (Building 8) containing a total of 286 Dwelling Units; atop one podium containing Retail Uses; all over three levels of underground parking.
- A portion of the future 9-acre Park along with a two-storey accessory building containing Retail Use;
- A total Floor Space Ratio of 0.95 (approximately 108,862 m²); and
- A maximum geodetic building height of 186.29 m for Building 6, 143.90 m for Building 7, and 191.90 m for Building 8.
Under the site’s existing CD-1 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Development Permit Board.
A community open house is scheduled from 4:00-7:00 p.m., Thursday, March 7, 2019, Oakridge Mall - Presentation Centre (former Zellers space), 650 West 41st Avenue, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer any questions.
This application has been scheduled for the Development Permit Board on Monday, May 13, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. in the Town Hall Meeting Room (1st Floor, City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue).
To assist you, a brief explanation of the Development Permit Board process is posted on our website at: http://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/development-permit-board.aspx. You or your representative may attend the meeting and, upon request, will be accorded the opportunity to address the Board.
We welcome your written comments (letter or e-mail) on this development application. Comments should be received on, or before April 5, 2019, to be considered in the staff review. However, written comments will be considered up until the date of decision.
- Notification Postcard (30kb)
- Design Rationale (90kb)
- Streetscape (737kb)
- Renderings (1,680kb)
- Shadow Analysis (740kb)
- Project Data (991kb) - Revised Feb 11/19
- Site Plan (4,756kb)
- Building 6 & 7 - East Elevation (3,291kb) - Revised Feb 11/19
- Building 6 & 7 - West Elevation (2,220kb) - Revised Feb 11/19
- Building 6 - North & South Elevation (3,169kb) - Revised Feb 11/19
- Building 7 - North & South Elevation (2,303kb) - Revised Feb 11/19
- Building 8 - North & West Elevation (2,443kb) - Revised Feb 11/19
- Building 8 - South & East Elevation (2,266kb) - Revised Feb 11/19
- Landscape Plan - Pocket Park & South Plaza (1,537kb)
- Landscape Plan - The Woodland (1,802kb)
- Landscape Plan - The Commons - South (1,258kb)
- Landscape Plan - Cambie Street North & Mall Entrance (1,006kb)
- Landscape Plan - Cambie Street - South (1,216kb)
Contact: Darren Lee, Project Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org 604.871.6703
To assist you, a Glossary of key technical terms and a brief explanation of the application process is posted on our website at: vancouver.ca/devapps
In reviewing this application, and before making a decision, the Development Permit Board will also need to consider City by-law regulations, and Council-adopted policies and guidelines. Once a full application review is completed, a decision will be made.
Copies of City by-law regulations, policies and guidelines are available at the City's website at https://vancouver.ca/home-property-development/land-use-and-development-policies-and-guidelines.aspx or at the Development and Building Services Centre (1st Floor, 515 West 10th Avenue).
Please note that all comments and responses to this notification are subject to, and may be released, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Act does, however, protect your privacy by prohibiting disclosure of personal information (such as names, addresses and other identifying information) where such a disclosure would be an unreasonable invasion of personal privacy.