5400 Cartier Street - DP-2016-00145
Acton Ostry Architects Inc. has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to provide a phased redevelopment of this site, including:
• Replacement of the existing residence building witha new Middle School building;
• Replacement of the existing school building on West38th Avenue with a new Elementary Schoolbuilding, residence, administration offices andchapel;
• Upgrades to the existing Senior School building;
• Alterations to existing landscaping.
Under the site’s existing RS-5 zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
We welcome your written comments (letter or e-mail) on this development application. Comments should be received on, or before September 12 , 2016, to be considered in the staff review. However, comments will be considered up until the date of decision.
- Notification Post Card (70kb)
- Project Statistics (5.50mb)
- Site Context Plan (384kb)
- Site Context Photos (3.86mb)
- Phasing Plans (90kb)
- Overall Site Plan (380kb)
- Site Plan Phase 1A (721kb)
- Site Plan Phase 1B (1.24mb)
- Phase 1A Elevations (965kb)
- Phase 1B Elevations (976kb)
- Landscape Plans (10.12mb)
- Tree Management Plan (1.29mb)
- Landscape Site Plan (1.40mb)
- Materials Layout Plan (1.41mb)
- Grading Plan (1.09mb)
- Planting Plan (1.53mb)
- Landscape Sections (1.29mb)
- Landscape Sections & Elevations (678kb)
- Details: Paving & Site Furnishing (874kb)
- Deatils: Site Furnishings (259kb)
- Details: Planting (513kb)
Contact: Troy Tenney, Project Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org , 604.871.6022
To assist you, a Glossary of key technical terms and a brief explanation of the application process is posted on our website at: vancouver.ca/devapps
In reviewing this application, and before making a decision, the Director of Planning will also need to consider City by-law regulations, and Council-adopted policies and guidelines. Once a full application review is completed, a decision will be made. If you respond to this notification, we will keep you informed by re-notifying you as to the decision.
The submitted plans may be viewed at the Project Facilitator’s office, Development and Building Services Centre, 1st Floor at 515 West 10th Avenue between 8:30a.m. and 4:30p.m., Monday through Friday. Copies of City by-law regulations, policies and guidelines are available at the City's website at http://www.vancouver.ca/commsvcs/bylaws/bylaw1.htm or at either the Development and Building Services Centre (1st Floor, 515 West 10th Avenue) or the Central Public Library (350 West Georgia Street).
Please note that all comments and responses to this notification are subject to, and may be released, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Act does, however, protect your privacy by prohibiting disclosure of personal information (such as names, addresses and other identifying information) where such a disclosure would be an unreasonable invasion of personal privacy.