1030 Denman Street - DP-2016-00193
DA Architects and Planners has applied to the City of Vancouver for permission to convert this existing hotel and podium to a 316 unit secured market rental residential tower, plus a 68 guestroom ‘boutique’ hotel* in the podium.
- The existing commercial uses on lower levels of the podium are to remain;
- The restaurants, Hotel Conference facilities, and Fitness club on the second and third podium levels are proposed to be replaced with a new hotel*; and
- No changes are proposed to the existing height, density or form of development provisions of the CD-1 (537) by-law.
Under the site’s existing CD-1 (537) zoning, the application is “conditional” so it may be permitted; however, it requires the decision of the Director of Planning.
*The proposed hotel use in the podium is the subject of a separate text amendment rezoning application. (use link: http://former.vancouver.ca/commsvcs/planning/rezoning/applications/1030denman/index.htm)
We welcome your written comments (letter or e-mail) on this development application. Comments should be received on, or before August 31, 2016, to be considered in the staff review. However, comments will be considered up until the date of decision.
To find out more about this application, you are invited to attend a Community Open House with the applicant team and City staff available to answer any questions.
Date: Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Time: 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Place: West End Community Centre (Bidwell Room), 870 Denman Street.
- Project Statistics (1.86mb)
- Intent and Rationale Letter (236kb)
- L2 Existing & Proposed Floor Plans (8.71mb)
- L3 Existing & Proposed Floor Plans (8.35mb)
- North Elevations - Existing & Proposed (1.41mb)
- East Elevations - Existing & Proposed (1.61mb)
- South Elevations - Existing & Proposed (1.43mb)
- West Elevations - Existing & Proposed (33kb)
- 3D Views (4.18mb)
- Shadow Analysis (394kb)
- L3 Landscape Existing & Proposed (21.67mb)
Contact: Wendy LeBreton, Project Facilitator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.871.6796
To assist you, a Glossary of key technical terms and a brief explanation of the application process is posted on our website at: vancouver.ca/devapps
In reviewing this application, and before making a decision, the Director of Planning will also need to consider City by-law regulations, and Council-adopted policies and guidelines. Once a full application review is completed, a decision will be made. If you respond to this notification, we will keep you informed by re-notifying you as to the decision.
The submitted plans may be viewed at the Project Facilitator’s office, Development and Building Services Centre, 1st Floor at 515 West 10th Avenue between 8:30a.m. and 4:30p.m., Monday through Friday. Copies of City by-law regulations, policies and guidelines are available at the City's website at http://www.vancouver.ca/commsvcs/bylaws/bylaw1.htm or at either the Development and Building Services Centre (1st Floor, 515 West 10th Avenue) or the Central Public Library (350 West Georgia Street).
Please note that all comments and responses to this notification are subject to, and may be released, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Act does, however, protect your privacy by prohibiting disclosure of personal information (such as names, addresses and other identifying information) where such a disclosure would be an unreasonable invasion of personal privacy.